This competition has now closed.
To celebrate the launch of Jamie Oliver’s Food Guide iPhone app, we’re giving away five copies of his brand new book!
Jamie’s Great Britain contains over 100 new recipes from around the country that demonstrate the very best of British cooking. Some are indisputable classics; some are his twists on traditional British recipes and others he has created from the great bounty of British produce.
Covering a huge range of places – all of which are stylishly displayed on a custom map – the app has information on the very best cafes, restaurants, butchers, cheese-makers, fishmongers, cider presses, bakeries and farmers’ markets from across Britain.
To have a chance of winning Jamie’s new book, Jamie’s Great Britain, just answer the question below:
What is the name of Jamie’s parents’ pub where he first started cooking?
A) The Footballers
B) The Boxers
C) The Cricketers
Email the correct answer with your name and postal address to email@example.com before 4pm GMT on Friday 11 November and include the subject line: Super Blog Jamie Oliver Competition. The lucky winners will be selected at random from the correct entries.
To get in the mood, check out our video of Jamie explaining why he just can’t get enough of our fantastic British food.
You can download the app at the iTunes App Store.
Terms and conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of VisitBritain.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. No entries received after 4pm on Friday 11 November will be entered into the draw.
4. VisitBritain reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
5. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
6. VisitBritain will not make use of entrants’ contact details or pass them on to any third parties.
7. VisitBritain is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of Penguin Books.